Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Reflection... Colors & Letters

So, just to preface, in class we did a personality reflection of what categories we were in and that related to what colors we were. We also took a MBTI personality test/descriptor. My color was Orange and my letters were ESFJ.  The definition of an "orange" person is "The Initiator". The concern that people of this color have are the results. Some characteristics of a person of this group are animated, energetic, spontaneous, communicative, including, innovative persuasive, and outgoing. Just to name a few. I feel as if all of these words describe me perfectly with no exceptions and I think every small-medium group setting that I work with would agree. The whole time we were discussing this in class all I could think about was how when we were put into groups for case studies in Accounting I was the first one to speak up in my group and begin to setup times to meet outside of class to complete the work. Summing it up, I decided to take control and lead my group, not necessarily with the class material and the specific project but with the plan of how the work was going to be completed. In this specific scenario my "orangeness" was seen with being including and communicative which were key elements for completing the assignment.

My letters for the MBTI personality descriptor were ESFJ. Right after class I called my mom and we were chatting away and I asked her to answer a few question about me. The first was name three characteristics  about my personality. Her response was, aware, dedicated, and social/outgoing. I giggled when she said this because these were synonyms for the description of my letters. In the definition of them it says "... conscientious...work with determination... Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through..." I then asked her a second question, Am I go with the flow or am I more structured?. Her response was, structured which coincides completely with the letter J. Even if I did not really believe that these letters were a pretty accurate description of my personality after talking to her I was convinced. Overall, between these two tests/descriptors I feel as if I have gained better insight into developing my own personality as well as others. I now will know why someone may react the way they do or act a certain way and will
be more compassionate and understanding.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany(:
    I'm also an Orangy(: I have cool experiences where I've been the first to do something and people have referred to me as "outgoing". I think it's interesting that our group automatically came together and starting talking to each other without any restrictions because we all had that in common. I could tell we were all looking for our chance to have something to say, it was very interesting. I was surprised about how many of us there were, but it was nice to know that I'm not the only one. I'm glad that you look at all of these aspects of yourself as a good thing, and keep up the determination! (:

    Kasey(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany!

    I'm an Orange too! I agree with Kasey, that I think that our orange group that formed in class has very similar personalities and that was interesting to see. I spoke with my mom about the MBTI test as well and she described me just as my letters did. Its funny how well mom's know their kids. Haha
    Its awesome to see that our class gets along so well and has so many traits in common!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete